Furnaces in Regina
What is a Furnace?
Looking for furnace in Regina? Give one of our Journeyman furnace contractors in Regina at Bruke Plumbing and Heating a call today (306) 591-1001 or click here.
A home furnace is a major appliance that is permanently installed to provide heat to an interior space through intermediary fluid movement, which may be air, steam, or hot water. Modern high-efficiency furnaces can be up to 98% efficient and operate without a chimney, with a typical gas furnace being about 80% efficient.
- The furnace is the core of the home's central air system. It is responsible for creating warm air for heating and is also used for the cooling process.
- The furnace is composed of four main parts: the air filter, blower, heat exchanger, and evaporator coil.
- The thermostat controls the operation of the furnace. When heat is requested, the thermostat alerts the furnace.
- Air passes through the air filter and is pushed through the heat exchanger by the blower. The heat exchanger heats up the air, then the air gets pushed out to the rooms through the ductwork.
- When cold air is requested, the heat exchanger is off and the evaporator coil cools the air as the air passes through it.
- With rapid advancements in HVAC technology, superior efficiency is available with two and three-stage furnaces. These furnaces are equipped with variable-speed blowers that maximize energy efficiency.